Tuesday 17 March 2015


Brother Biscuit-Banjo

I think whether you are an atheist or a believer, there is an important issue which should demand our attention. Men's nipples are seldom discussed in debates of religion, but I think, as silly as it sounds, it could be of great importance. Let me share a passage from one of my favourite books, "Collagen of Species".

   " Imagine my surprise when men’s nipples popped up, not literally of course. It turns out that every foetus starts out with nipples before it is determined whether the baby in question will be a boy or a girl. This is also true of other animals including cats and dogs. Unfortunately Pandora and Cow are both girls, depriving me of the opportunity to check. This to my mind gives a good argument to atheists. I understand that an argument about men having nipples doesn’t sound like the sort of ammunition you would want to go in to a war of words with against an ardent believer, but bare with me. Women's nipples have a purpose, so you can see why a foetus would start out with nipples. If it didn’t, then turned out to be a girl, that girl would have no nipples, obviously not a good start. Yet if a man has nipples it is neither here nor there, other than the fact that you may feel different because all your male friends had nipples. If God made man in his own image, with no initial plans for a woman, why did man have nipples? Surely this means that God has nipples, and we can only assume that if God has nipples they must have a purpose. If you are then going to create man in your image, why give him nipples unless they serve a similar function?"

No comments:

Post a Comment